Week 6 + 7

This week was dedicated to creating another swimming animation and how to composite it into an animation, to do this i took a closer look at Adobe After Effects. To begin with i had a look a several tutorials to help me look through the interface of the program. I really liked the idea of using the puppet tool in After effects, which would help me create a swimming animation in a very short period of time. I also like the idea of using the 3D work space so it gives a sense of depth to a piece, which was really nice. i plan on using that to make things move more lifelike.






 After doing research into the program i began to start trying to animate a swimming scene on AE, i began by creating a figure in the vein of haroun in Photoshop before importing into AE. i then used the puppet tool  following the tutorial linked above.  my first test was very clunky and while i was happy with the swimming animation rig i need to make it so haroun doesn't blink and suddenly change direction. To do this i will need to to do more research into how to use AE,
I also need to anticipate how the 3 circle border will effect my animation, if i can get haroun to swim in and out of frame then i can make my life easier by having the animation blinking in the "blind spots" of the animation




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Synopsis and Animatic

Week 10 - Final touch ups

S2C1: 2112 and Dream Sequences